The hat is paper macho-which I painted black and then used german glass glitter. This was a kit from Debbie Hodge. The boo banner is soldier glass with linen inserts. On the hat is soldier glass with a vintage photo, which I added rhinestones around it-with a filagree behind.. I added glass eyes to the skeleton. Added netting for embellishment.
My hat stand. I used a brass candle stick holder for the base (which I sprayed black) and an old kerosene glass base which I added some old vintage pieces inside. I cover the head in tissue paper, added velvet ribbon and a vintage rhinestone bar pin. I added some vintage amber crystal with chain around the base.
Art For The Creative Mind had an Icon Shrine Swap. I Picked Marie-love her to create with. I used a miniature cabinet I picked up at Good-Will a while back.
I pained the chest and used stencils on the sides and back. Than glazed with gold.
On the inside of the shrine I lined the top, bottom and side with decorated paper. Cut out an arch for the back ground and glued it about an 1/4 of inch from the back. Used an image of Marie which I glued about a 1/4 of inch in front of the arch. I had this cute bird cage-painted and glitter it. Made curtains out of paper out lined in gold. Used to frame the shrine. Added a few details.
I got these jars for my wedding over 40 years ago. They are large in hold a little over a gallon. I decided to up date them a little. I painted the wood tope a robin's egg blue. I found the birds pulls and decided they would look great . Drilled a hole on top and screwed on. And painted chalk board paint on the front. I think they will be perfect in the pantry.
I finish up some angels today. I used old bottle for the bogies and add glitter and old beads to the inside of each bottle. I used some old vintage porcelain doll heads and added wings, a little lace and ribbon.
I received these cones from Debbie Hodge. I painted them and added german glass glitter. Used rhinestone pins and earrings (after I removed the pin backs) to the front of the cones. I used filigree findings to the sides-bent them over to move a message for the ribbon to go through.
I think they will look lovely on my tree for Christmas.